It all began a little over a week ago, when I posted a link to a Pubmed search in response to a reference question that came out via Twitter. A reply came back that started the ball rolling.
This turned into a conversation including several folk about why, as a single parent of a special needs child it is hard for me to commit to doing a Medical Library Association CE course, and then whether or not we could do something like a CE actually using Twitter.
It actually wasn’t my idea, but it sounded intriguing and I was definitely interested in trying it out. So this past Monday we actually started trying to do a … well, a class, of sorts.
I set up a wiki to hold some of the content, but defined it broadly enough it can hopefully grow into a much larger and more useful resource than simply one course. I set up a Twitter account for the class, and a GroupTweet account so that everyone interested can post a shared dialog to one place.
Although it is pretty quiet so far, and not a lot of folk involved in the dialog, that makes it easier starting out. I am frankly thrilled with the dialog that is happening, and excited about the potential.
Tomorrow, we are going to try having our first “in class” game via Twitter.
You would be welcome to join us. 🙂
- Victoria's Secret Ads Recreated by Plus-Size Model Tabria Majors | Teen Vogue #fatstigma #sizeism teenvogue.com/story/victoria… 42 minutes ago
- Victoria's Secret Ads Recreated by Plus-Size Model Tabria Majors | Teen Vogue teenvogue.com/story/victoria… 42 minutes ago
- We Need to Stop Talking About Mental and Cognitive “Fitness” of Politcians – Rooted in Rights #medpsych #media #hcsm rootedinrights.org/we-need-to-sto… 42 minutes ago
- Set of 5 Hello Pronouns Stickers sold by Non-Newtonian Gender Fluid on Storenvy #events #lgbt #shopping storenvy.com/products/46228… 44 minutes ago
- 'They' Is Now Part of the Associated Press Stylebook | Advocate.com #gender #language advocate.com/media/2017/3/2… 45 minutes ago