It all began a little over a week ago, when I posted a link to a Pubmed search in response to a reference question that came out via Twitter. A reply came back that started the ball rolling.
This turned into a conversation including several folk about why, as a single parent of a special needs child it is hard for me to commit to doing a Medical Library Association CE course, and then whether or not we could do something like a CE actually using Twitter.
It actually wasn’t my idea, but it sounded intriguing and I was definitely interested in trying it out. So this past Monday we actually started trying to do a … well, a class, of sorts.
I set up a wiki to hold some of the content, but defined it broadly enough it can hopefully grow into a much larger and more useful resource than simply one course. I set up a Twitter account for the class, and a GroupTweet account so that everyone interested can post a shared dialog to one place.
Although it is pretty quiet so far, and not a lot of folk involved in the dialog, that makes it easier starting out. I am frankly thrilled with the dialog that is happening, and excited about the potential.
Tomorrow, we are going to try having our first “in class” game via Twitter.
You would be welcome to join us.🙂
- Lonely wilting rose (@ University of Michigan Medical School in Ann Arbor, MI) swarmapp.com/c/0UGBCFesG6L 1 hour ago
- Oh, really? (@ Palmer Commons in Ann Arbor, MI) swarmapp.com/c/dws8NIzb6aj https://t.co/PCrau7Pzqb 1 hour ago
- I'm at Shapiro Undergraduate Library in Ann Arbor, MI swarmapp.com/c/1oAxPuoRmh1 https://t.co/SgIFRAckkM 2 hours ago
- Judge orders immediate start of Michigan recount freep.com/story/news/pol… 3 hours ago
- Visa Payment Cards Vulnerable to Brute-Forcing bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/… 4 hours ago