Enriching Scholarship is an annual week-long series of continuing education classes for university faculty on topics of teachnology (technology to support teaching). Pretty amazing and awesome concept, and I am proud to be part of it.
When we were planning sessions for this year’s Enriching Scholarship, I thought, “Hmmm, I don’t want to just do the same things I always teach. I want to do something new. Why don’t I do a session on some of the coolest of the new toys I’ve found recently.” That became a session I called “Online Visualization and Organization Tools.”
Because I was already teaching 7 other sessions, and did not teach one I usually teach, we didn’t want to go overboard with this. So we offered one session for 20 people. 45 registered. Oops. We switched to a new and bigger room, and scheduled a second session for a week later.
Last night I posted the slides. WIll you forgive me if I post a snapshot of the stats now? (Slides follow right below.)
It is now 21 hours after I first posted the slides. Slideshare picked up the slides and highlighted them on their homepage. So in 21 hours there have been over 700 views. I am flabbergasted!
Someone commented that I should add audio, so I will probably turn this into a series of podcasts. You don’t have to wait until that happens, though. You can look at the slides yourself right now. 🙂
- In China and India, there are 70 million more men than women. Here are the consequences. - The Washington Post apple.news/AD-IBL18bR5OzB… 7 hours ago
- Doctors told him to check his wife into a nursing home. Instead, he wheeled her around the world - CNN apple.news/AHf_ZX8GpQiKmk… 7 hours ago
- The Race to Save the World's Disappearing Languages - National Geographic apple.news/A16-Hkbm1S36Vs… 7 hours ago
- First gene therapy treatment to stave off childhood degenerative brain disease wins national clinical excellence aw… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 hours ago
- Autism Doctor Hans Asperger 'Linked to Nazi Murder of Disabled Children' - Newsweek apple.news/AhhoyL9UGSry6z… 7 hours ago