Enriching Scholarship is an annual week-long series of continuing education classes for university faculty on topics of teachnology (technology to support teaching). Pretty amazing and awesome concept, and I am proud to be part of it.
When we were planning sessions for this year’s Enriching Scholarship, I thought, “Hmmm, I don’t want to just do the same things I always teach. I want to do something new. Why don’t I do a session on some of the coolest of the new toys I’ve found recently.” That became a session I called “Online Visualization and Organization Tools.”
Because I was already teaching 7 other sessions, and did not teach one I usually teach, we didn’t want to go overboard with this. So we offered one session for 20 people. 45 registered. Oops. We switched to a new and bigger room, and scheduled a second session for a week later.
Last night I posted the slides. WIll you forgive me if I post a snapshot of the stats now? (Slides follow right below.)
It is now 21 hours after I first posted the slides. Slideshare picked up the slides and highlighted them on their homepage. So in 21 hours there have been over 700 views. I am flabbergasted!
Someone commented that I should add audio, so I will probably turn this into a series of podcasts. You don’t have to wait until that happens, though. You can look at the slides yourself right now. 🙂
- Trump appears to acknowledge Russia meddled in election, but blames Obama. slate.com/blogs/the_slat… 2 hours ago
- Arizona Already Tried What the GOP Wants to Do to Medicaid. It Was a Disaster. slate.com/articles/healt… 2 hours ago
- Arizona provides a bleak preview of America under the AHCA. slate.com/articles/healt… 2 hours ago
- Alaska teen chased and killed by bear during running race - BBC News bbc.com/news/world-us-… 2 hours ago
- Grenfell Tower: Cladding firm ends global sales for tower blocks - BBC News bbc.com/news/uk-404099… 2 hours ago