I’ve been talking a lot lately about xTimeline and Dipity as educationally interesting timeline tools. I think the idea of a small group of students collaborating on a case study or other temporal data to be presented, incorporating multimedia and doing this all wiki-style and reducing the need for as much face-to-face (F2F) time … well, seems pretty cool to me. 🙂
I recently discovered that Dipity also has a couple interesting mashup tools, connection the timeline function with either Flickr (with the mashup version known as Tickr) or YouTube (mashup known as TimeTube).
Now that bit right there is VERY interesting for exploring emerging trends and new events. To take it to another level, the Flickr mashup (Tickr) creates an embeddable view you can share with others and use on your blog or website. Could be extremely interesting for a public relations or conceptual type of course or project.
Here is an example from the recent Iowa Flood. See what you think. Remember, this is interactive, so go ahead — scroll around in it, use the buttons, click on pictures — see what happens. Fun!
Tickr (by Dipity): Iowa Flood:
- 3D printed organs challenges #etech #emtech #3Dprinting #bioprinting businessinsider.com/3d-printed-org… 1 hour ago
- A robot arm that can 3D print metal bridges #3Dprinting businessinsider.com/robot-3d-print… 1 hour ago
- I will never go on vacation without Snap's Spectacles, the sunglasses that record what you see businessinsider.com/what-its-like-… 1 hour ago
- What it's like to use Snapchat's Spectacles @billchase2edu @ssieg businessinsider.com/what-its-like-… 1 hour ago
- 'Chef's Table' season 3: PHOTOS, VIDEO businessinsider.com/chefs-table-se… 1 hour ago