I’ve been talking a lot lately about xTimeline and Dipity as educationally interesting timeline tools. I think the idea of a small group of students collaborating on a case study or other temporal data to be presented, incorporating multimedia and doing this all wiki-style and reducing the need for as much face-to-face (F2F) time … well, seems pretty cool to me. 🙂
I recently discovered that Dipity also has a couple interesting mashup tools, connection the timeline function with either Flickr (with the mashup version known as Tickr) or YouTube (mashup known as TimeTube).
Now that bit right there is VERY interesting for exploring emerging trends and new events. To take it to another level, the Flickr mashup (Tickr) creates an embeddable view you can share with others and use on your blog or website. Could be extremely interesting for a public relations or conceptual type of course or project.
Here is an example from the recent Iowa Flood. See what you think. Remember, this is interactive, so go ahead — scroll around in it, use the buttons, click on pictures — see what happens. Fun!
Tickr (by Dipity): Iowa Flood:
- RT @NoetheMatt: Time for French Comics Kiss Better! #alaac18 https://t.co/IZ2CL0apmi 6 hours ago
- RT @Karnythia: I just want white women to pour all their outraged "I was told by Applecare, BBQ'ing without a permit, selling water without… 6 hours ago
- RT @DrSGraff: Spending a weekend at home. Helped my dad with feeding on the farm this morning. Hard to say who was more surprised - the chi… 6 hours ago
- RT @SharpIndex: Optimum Health IT spoke with @CoherenceMed about the anniversary of John dying and the ongoing problem of Physician Suicide… 6 hours ago
- RT @npquarterly: A cautionary tale on just how complicated relationships between nonprofits and local government can get: https://t.co/yVqP… 6 hours ago