I’ve been talking a lot lately about xTimeline and Dipity as educationally interesting timeline tools. I think the idea of a small group of students collaborating on a case study or other temporal data to be presented, incorporating multimedia and doing this all wiki-style and reducing the need for as much face-to-face (F2F) time … well, seems pretty cool to me.🙂
I recently discovered that Dipity also has a couple interesting mashup tools, connection the timeline function with either Flickr (with the mashup version known as Tickr) or YouTube (mashup known as TimeTube).
Now that bit right there is VERY interesting for exploring emerging trends and new events. To take it to another level, the Flickr mashup (Tickr) creates an embeddable view you can share with others and use on your blog or website. Could be extremely interesting for a public relations or conceptual type of course or project.
Here is an example from the recent Iowa Flood. See what you think. Remember, this is interactive, so go ahead — scroll around in it, use the buttons, click on pictures — see what happens. Fun!
Tickr (by Dipity): Iowa Flood:
- RT @NewPrairiePress: #NIH & #FDA release public-use files via #ICPSR on Population Assessment of Tobacco and Health (PATH) study https://t.… 1 hour ago
- RT @JoeBabaian: ICYMI #HCLDR Transcript > Healthcare communication embed.symplur.com/twitter/transc… https://t.co/PH5ofmW3ha 1 hour ago
- RT @gracefulgravity: I stand up and my prof goes "Parfait! Tu, viens ici." Quoi? She points at the pull down projector screen, way over h… 1 hour ago
- RT @NoetheMatt: I was just thinking about this when I saw #WaronCancer trending. Can we stop thinking about #healthcare violently and oppre… 1 hour ago
- RT @JoeBabaian: Thank you for the poignant conversations tonight #hcldr - I know we'll carry this with us to work, clinic, family, friends. 1 hour ago