I have the honor of being a guest author on the blog for our library director, Jane Blumenthal. Here is my first blogpost in that location.
Health, Science, & Libraries: Insight in Unexpected Places: http://mblog.lib.umich.edu/hsldir/archives/2008/07/insights_in_une.html
It begins with this quote:
“Health is personal. Health Care is not. The term is a euphemism for Condition Treatment, and it’s not about patients. It’s about systems, and most of those are both proprietary and closed.”
Doc Searls. “The Patient as the Platform” LINUX Journal. http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/patient-platform
and explores how social media brought me to it, with various ramblings along the way. Twitter is mentioned, as are other social media.
- 4 of 5 stars to Fearless by Shira Glassman goodreads.com/review/show/24… 8 hours ago
- Mapping the Human Exposome: It’s now possible to map a person’s lifetime exposure to nutrition, bacteria, viruses,… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 9 hours ago
- Promotores de Salud / Community Health Workers cdc.gov/minorityhealth… 9 hours ago
- RT @BuzzFeedNews: USC President C. L. Max Nikias will step down amid the growing scandal involving a gynecologist accused of abusing studen… 9 hours ago
- "The exposome encompasses the totality of human environmental (i.e. non-genetic) exposures from conception onwards,… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 9 hours ago