I have the honor of being a guest author on the blog for our library director, Jane Blumenthal. Here is my first blogpost in that location.
Health, Science, & Libraries: Insight in Unexpected Places: http://mblog.lib.umich.edu/hsldir/archives/2008/07/insights_in_une.html
It begins with this quote:
“Health is personal. Health Care is not. The term is a euphemism for Condition Treatment, and it’s not about patients. It’s about systems, and most of those are both proprietary and closed.”
Doc Searls. “The Patient as the Platform” LINUX Journal. http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/patient-platform
and explores how social media brought me to it, with various ramblings along the way. Twitter is mentioned, as are other social media.
- What happens when you have a disease doctors can't diagnose | Jennifer Brea youtube.com/watch?v=Fb3yp4… 18 minutes ago
- ADAPTED LIVING: Hallway Converted into Accessible Bathroom youtube.com/watch?v=Er5YyD… 22 minutes ago
- Moonstone jewelry moonmagic.com/collections/mo… 22 minutes ago
- I just backed Expandals: The ONLY Footwear That GROWS With Your Child! on @Kickstarter kck.st/2NCjDw6 23 minutes ago
- RT @nmeans: The “Amazon should replace libraries” guy apparently has no kids. We visit @AustinPublicLib almost weekly and have 50-100 books… 25 minutes ago