I have the honor of being a guest author on the blog for our library director, Jane Blumenthal. Here is my first blogpost in that location.
Health, Science, & Libraries: Insight in Unexpected Places: http://mblog.lib.umich.edu/hsldir/archives/2008/07/insights_in_une.html
It begins with this quote:
“Health is personal. Health Care is not. The term is a euphemism for Condition Treatment, and it’s not about patients. It’s about systems, and most of those are both proprietary and closed.”
Doc Searls. “The Patient as the Platform” LINUX Journal. http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/patient-platform
and explores how social media brought me to it, with various ramblings along the way. Twitter is mentioned, as are other social media.
- RT @DocumentHate: Welcome to @DocumentHate, @ProPublica's attempt to build authoritative data on hate crimes and bias incidents: https://t.… 35 minutes ago
- RT @HRC: We need better data to adequately address hate crimes. That's why @HRC's teamed up w/ @ProPublica on @DocumentHate. https://t.co/P… 41 minutes ago
- RT @annarbornews: SWAT-involved shooting in Ypsilanti under investigation; details scarce bit.ly/2jLP20c 41 minutes ago
- RT @MLive: The world is a video game with 'augmented reality' tested by GR firm bit.ly/2jKVV1R 41 minutes ago
- RT @TaubmanCollege: Read up on #taubmancollege at the 2016 #VeniceBiennale in the 2016 @UMich Annual Report myumi.ch/L3Yem https:/… 42 minutes ago