I have the honor of being a guest author on the blog for our library director, Jane Blumenthal. Here is my first blogpost in that location.
Health, Science, & Libraries: Insight in Unexpected Places: http://mblog.lib.umich.edu/hsldir/archives/2008/07/insights_in_une.html
It begins with this quote:
“Health is personal. Health Care is not. The term is a euphemism for Condition Treatment, and it’s not about patients. It’s about systems, and most of those are both proprietary and closed.”
Doc Searls. “The Patient as the Platform” LINUX Journal. http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/patient-platform
and explores how social media brought me to it, with various ramblings along the way. Twitter is mentioned, as are other social media.
- Greens (@ Kroger in Ann Arbor, MI) swarmapp.com/c/dq7pkfZr5Hj https://t.co/6ISlTlCyLM 30 minutes ago
- Michigan State denies request by white nationalist group to host campus event | MLive.com mlive.com/news/index.ssf… 58 minutes ago
- Crown Shyness Phenomenon Materializes as Cracks in Tree Canopy mymodernmet.com/crown-shyness-… 58 minutes ago
- Middle-Class Black Families, in Low-Income Neighborhoods, via @nytimes nytimes.com/2015/06/25/ups… 1 hour ago
- How to Make a Solar Eclipse Viewer – Boys' Life magazine boyslife.org/hobbies-projec… 1 hour ago