If you haven’t already noticed it, the Google Countdown to 2009 is a great way to learn more about the various special features, tips, trick, tools, etcetera built into Google, including some of the newest. For example, I’ve been meaning to blog about the new video chat in Google, haven’t gotten around to it yet, but here it is! Right alongside it are explanations and examples of converters, searching sports scores and movie times, and other features that I’ve been telling folks about for years.
When I saw this I thought, wow, this is a great little tutorial, a great introduction. Of course, that is what it is supposed to be. I don’t know if Google plans to keep it around after the holidays, so here you have some screenshots of what I’m seeing now, plus the links they go to, with a couple other related bits I threw in for fun. I hope you enjoy!
Google Countdown to 2009: google.com/countdownto2009/
- What to Do When There’s an Active Shooter via @NYTimes nytimes.com/2018/02/16/us/… 1 hour ago
- The carbon-capture era may finally be starting technologyreview.com/s/610296/the-c… 1 hour ago
- Tuberculosis alert affects 600 people in Oakland, Livingston, Washtenaw counties #michigan #AnnArbor freep.com/story/news/loc… 1 hour ago
- Good Hair Day Pasta's Delightful Packaging #food #design #humor 101cookbooks.com/archives/good-… 1 hour ago
- Black Lung Disease Comes Storming Back in Coal Country nytimes.com/interactive/20… 1 hour ago