If you haven’t already noticed it, the Google Countdown to 2009 is a great way to learn more about the various special features, tips, trick, tools, etcetera built into Google, including some of the newest. For example, I’ve been meaning to blog about the new video chat in Google, haven’t gotten around to it yet, but here it is! Right alongside it are explanations and examples of converters, searching sports scores and movie times, and other features that I’ve been telling folks about for years.
When I saw this I thought, wow, this is a great little tutorial, a great introduction. Of course, that is what it is supposed to be. I don’t know if Google plans to keep it around after the holidays, so here you have some screenshots of what I’m seeing now, plus the links they go to, with a couple other related bits I threw in for fun. I hope you enjoy!
Google Countdown to 2009: google.com/countdownto2009/
- RT @SecPriceMD: The @NIH is doing incredible work to improve lives, turning discovery into health. Thank you @NIHDirector and team for the… 1 hour ago
- RT @NIBIBgov: NIBIB Director Dr. Roderic Pettigrew inducted into National Academy of Sciences, India @USAndIndia #NIH https://t.co/Z5cy9GFt… 1 hour ago
- RT @NIHDirector: Sleeping sickness kills humans & livestock in Africa. This @JohnsHopkinsSPH researcher seeks new ways to help. #NIH https:… 1 hour ago
- RT @NIHDirector: Youngsters with #ASD have more rapid brain growth. Here’s what that could mean for early intervention. #NIH https://t.co/p… 1 hour ago
- RT @NIHDirector: .@retaylor61 Also, public should know that research on rare diseases often shed light on #CommonDiseases: https://t.co/chb… 1 hour ago