If you haven’t already noticed it, the Google Countdown to 2009 is a great way to learn more about the various special features, tips, trick, tools, etcetera built into Google, including some of the newest. For example, I’ve been meaning to blog about the new video chat in Google, haven’t gotten around to it yet, but here it is! Right alongside it are explanations and examples of converters, searching sports scores and movie times, and other features that I’ve been telling folks about for years.
When I saw this I thought, wow, this is a great little tutorial, a great introduction. Of course, that is what it is supposed to be. I don’t know if Google plans to keep it around after the holidays, so here you have some screenshots of what I’m seeing now, plus the links they go to, with a couple other related bits I threw in for fun. I hope you enjoy!
Google Countdown to 2009: google.com/countdownto2009/
- RT @DocumentHate: Welcome to @DocumentHate, @ProPublica's attempt to build authoritative data on hate crimes and bias incidents: https://t.… 28 minutes ago
- RT @HRC: We need better data to adequately address hate crimes. That's why @HRC's teamed up w/ @ProPublica on @DocumentHate. https://t.co/P… 33 minutes ago
- RT @annarbornews: SWAT-involved shooting in Ypsilanti under investigation; details scarce bit.ly/2jLP20c 34 minutes ago
- RT @MLive: The world is a video game with 'augmented reality' tested by GR firm bit.ly/2jKVV1R 34 minutes ago
- RT @TaubmanCollege: Read up on #taubmancollege at the 2016 #VeniceBiennale in the 2016 @UMich Annual Report myumi.ch/L3Yem https:/… 34 minutes ago