If you haven’t already noticed it, the Google Countdown to 2009 is a great way to learn more about the various special features, tips, trick, tools, etcetera built into Google, including some of the newest. For example, I’ve been meaning to blog about the new video chat in Google, haven’t gotten around to it yet, but here it is! Right alongside it are explanations and examples of converters, searching sports scores and movie times, and other features that I’ve been telling folks about for years.
When I saw this I thought, wow, this is a great little tutorial, a great introduction. Of course, that is what it is supposed to be. I don’t know if Google plans to keep it around after the holidays, so here you have some screenshots of what I’m seeing now, plus the links they go to, with a couple other related bits I threw in for fun. I hope you enjoy!
Google Countdown to 2009: google.com/countdownto2009/
- RT @AndrewMIbrahim: A year after broad adoption (>30 journals), establishing standards for #VisualAbstract use @nature #AJG https://t.co/sX… 29 minutes ago
- The Budo Bum: Focus and Tunnel Vision #adhd #asd budobum.blogspot.com/2017/09/focus-… 1 hour ago
- Michael Symon debuts plant-based ‘Impossible Burger’ in Royal Oak detroitnews.com/story/entertai… 1 hour ago
- Someone actually completed this insane Super Mario puzzle mashable.com/2017/09/19/sup… 1 hour ago
- I'm at Redwood Park in Ann Arbor, MI swarmapp.com/c/anRtBt4wliW https://t.co/LpKBHSUbHS 1 hour ago