If you haven’t already noticed it, the Google Countdown to 2009 is a great way to learn more about the various special features, tips, trick, tools, etcetera built into Google, including some of the newest. For example, I’ve been meaning to blog about the new video chat in Google, haven’t gotten around to it yet, but here it is! Right alongside it are explanations and examples of converters, searching sports scores and movie times, and other features that I’ve been telling folks about for years.
When I saw this I thought, wow, this is a great little tutorial, a great introduction. Of course, that is what it is supposed to be. I don’t know if Google plans to keep it around after the holidays, so here you have some screenshots of what I’m seeing now, plus the links they go to, with a couple other related bits I threw in for fun. I hope you enjoy!
Google Countdown to 2009: google.com/countdownto2009/
- As a #medlibs working on a #microbiome search filter, I'm glad to hear @nlm_news is adding new MeSH, but w/o politics, plz #ETMicrobiome 7 minutes ago
- Well, as a #medlibs who's working on a #microbiome search filter, I'm excited to hear @nlm_news is adding new MeSH, but w/o politics, plz :( 8 minutes ago
- RT @CoffeeDonatus: Dr. Priestley's grammar gets your wheels turning (London, 1827). https://t.co/sl7zg2uCYB 1 hour ago
- RT @CoffeeDonatus: A friend gave me this wonderful miniature dictionary ca.1930. I'm guessing this novelty item is not @MerriamWebster sanc… 1 hour ago
- The social impacts of anorgasmia as a side effect of medication #hcsm #medpsych twitter.com/ChronicSexChat… 1 hour ago