Janice Greenberg, a librarian from New Jersey, noticed on the national news from CNN a story of a librarian who is being touted as a Librarian Turned Super Hero for rescuing a charity donation box at Christmas time. Janice posted it to her Facebook page. That is how I heard about the librarian heroine who turned out to be our very own Josie Parker of the Ann Arbor District Library. Josie and friends were wrapping books for charity at a local bookstore, as our own Health Science Libraries folk did recently. Librarians are kind of, well, fond of people who buy books for the holidays. The story is that there was a donation jar for charity and someone tried to grab the jar on the way out of the store. Josie injured her leg pretty badly during the rescue attempt. Lesson to be learned — place the donation jar away from the door, on the opposite side of the table.
Embedded video from CNN Video
Spread the word – Christmas is safe in Ann Arbor.
- Lonely wilting rose (@ University of Michigan Medical School in Ann Arbor, MI) swarmapp.com/c/0UGBCFesG6L 1 hour ago
- Oh, really? (@ Palmer Commons in Ann Arbor, MI) swarmapp.com/c/dws8NIzb6aj https://t.co/PCrau7Pzqb 1 hour ago
- I'm at Shapiro Undergraduate Library in Ann Arbor, MI swarmapp.com/c/1oAxPuoRmh1 https://t.co/SgIFRAckkM 2 hours ago
- Judge orders immediate start of Michigan recount freep.com/story/news/pol… 3 hours ago
- Visa Payment Cards Vulnerable to Brute-Forcing bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/… 4 hours ago