Janice Greenberg, a librarian from New Jersey, noticed on the national news from CNN a story of a librarian who is being touted as a Librarian Turned Super Hero for rescuing a charity donation box at Christmas time. Janice posted it to her Facebook page. That is how I heard about the librarian heroine who turned out to be our very own Josie Parker of the Ann Arbor District Library. Josie and friends were wrapping books for charity at a local bookstore, as our own Health Science Libraries folk did recently. Librarians are kind of, well, fond of people who buy books for the holidays. The story is that there was a donation jar for charity and someone tried to grab the jar on the way out of the store. Josie injured her leg pretty badly during the rescue attempt. Lesson to be learned — place the donation jar away from the door, on the opposite side of the table.
Embedded video from CNN Video
Spread the word – Christmas is safe in Ann Arbor.
- What We Saved From the Fire - by Sarah Mirk and Andy Warner #comics thenib.com/what-we-saved-… 2 hours ago
- 'Tis the season! #GoogleDoodle starts off with Dec 18! g.co/doodle/f53pmh?… @okashido 3 hours ago
- Arthur C Clarke at 100: still the king of science fiction | Books | The Guardian theguardian.com/books/2017/dec… 9 hours ago
- RT @darakass: During the emergence of AIDS they couldn't use "blood.” So they had to use "bodily fluids", leading people to believe that yo… 9 hours ago
- RT @CatinaOLeary: This is a really important point. Clarity and accuracy are critical to people trying to understand and make decisions tow… 9 hours ago