Janice Greenberg, a librarian from New Jersey, noticed on the national news from CNN a story of a librarian who is being touted as a Librarian Turned Super Hero for rescuing a charity donation box at Christmas time. Janice posted it to her Facebook page. That is how I heard about the librarian heroine who turned out to be our very own Josie Parker of the Ann Arbor District Library. Josie and friends were wrapping books for charity at a local bookstore, as our own Health Science Libraries folk did recently. Librarians are kind of, well, fond of people who buy books for the holidays. The story is that there was a donation jar for charity and someone tried to grab the jar on the way out of the store. Josie injured her leg pretty badly during the rescue attempt. Lesson to be learned — place the donation jar away from the door, on the opposite side of the table.
Embedded video from CNN Video
Spread the word – Christmas is safe in Ann Arbor.
- A New Prototype Shows Drones Could Become Hovering, Annoying Billboards In The Very Near Future | GOOD good.is/articles/video… 2 hours ago
- President Trump Signs Executive Order To Reassess National Monument Designations | GOOD good.is/articles/trump… 2 hours ago
- This Stunning Book Of Nudes Celebrates The Diversity Of Our Generation | GOOD good.is/articles/maggi… 2 hours ago
- Former White House Photographer Is Inviting Comparisons By Posting Pics Of Obama’s First 100 Days In Office | GOOD good.is/articles/obama… 2 hours ago
- Warren Buffet's Family Has Pledged $90 Million—And Devised An Innovative Way Of Sharing It | GOOD Money money.good.is/articles/buffe… 2 hours ago