Janice Greenberg, a librarian from New Jersey, noticed on the national news from CNN a story of a librarian who is being touted as a Librarian Turned Super Hero for rescuing a charity donation box at Christmas time. Janice posted it to her Facebook page. That is how I heard about the librarian heroine who turned out to be our very own Josie Parker of the Ann Arbor District Library. Josie and friends were wrapping books for charity at a local bookstore, as our own Health Science Libraries folk did recently. Librarians are kind of, well, fond of people who buy books for the holidays. The story is that there was a donation jar for charity and someone tried to grab the jar on the way out of the store. Josie injured her leg pretty badly during the rescue attempt. Lesson to be learned — place the donation jar away from the door, on the opposite side of the table.
Embedded video from CNN Video
Spread the word – Christmas is safe in Ann Arbor.
- RT @Colin_Hung: Side note. After signing my copy of his book @danmunro suggested that I should get Kindle version to see links. Bought it t… 20 minutes ago
- RT @HealthTechReads: Q2: Should we expect disruption in healthcare or is the industry too heavily regulated for it to occur? #HTreads https… 20 minutes ago
- RT @janicemccallum: T1: Transparency is always good (maybe some exceptions?). Opposition comes from those who want to hide something. #htr… 20 minutes ago
- RT @jamcbride: @EMRAnswers A1 Agree 100%. We can fix anything as long as we know what is wrong (and right) with transparency. But so many H… 24 minutes ago
- RT @ShereesePubHlth: @murraymeetze @CUCMCIDean @CUBoulder People who are uncomfortable w/others show of emotion, are bothered by what it sa… 24 minutes ago