Janice Greenberg, a librarian from New Jersey, noticed on the national news from CNN a story of a librarian who is being touted as a Librarian Turned Super Hero for rescuing a charity donation box at Christmas time. Janice posted it to her Facebook page. That is how I heard about the librarian heroine who turned out to be our very own Josie Parker of the Ann Arbor District Library. Josie and friends were wrapping books for charity at a local bookstore, as our own Health Science Libraries folk did recently. Librarians are kind of, well, fond of people who buy books for the holidays. The story is that there was a donation jar for charity and someone tried to grab the jar on the way out of the store. Josie injured her leg pretty badly during the rescue attempt. Lesson to be learned — place the donation jar away from the door, on the opposite side of the table.
Embedded video from CNN Video
Spread the word – Christmas is safe in Ann Arbor.
- RT @TheWonkologist: @jdimick1 @TomVargheseJr @CapriceGreenber @kbilimoria @AndrewMIbrahim @AmirGhaferi @JohnBirkmeyer @benharder @UM_IHPI @… 44 minutes ago
- RT @jdimick1: “There are about 700 top 100 hospitals, depending on which ranking system you look at.” Dr. Susan Moffatt-Bruce #SOC17 #ACSCC… 44 minutes ago
- RT @Zeo: Interesting article from @Reuters relating changing diets and income to sleep apnea in China! 4rd.ca/aabfmu 1 hour ago
- Closing shoutout for the Council for Disability Concerns ability.umich.edu #iia17 2 hours ago
- "You have your own circle of control. Get a hold of that, and you can handle whatever the world throws at you." #iia17 2 hours ago