December 16th there was a highly successful discussion and community building session held via Twitter (the social microblogging tool) on the topic of Autism. This conversation was so successful that the person designated to write an advisory report about autism for Obama’s transition team has elected to use the same model for a discussion of what is important for President-Elect Obama and his team to know about autism.
Here is their charge:
1. To discuss Autism and Health Care reform and draft a submission to the transition Health Policy Team.
2. To use a process to do this that in a way that respects and empowers attendees
3. To identify stories that exemplify the need for health care reform for the families dealing with Autism.
December 23, 2008, all day
Twitter -> you will need to have or create a Twitter account to participate.
You can observe the conversation without participating by tracking one of the following URLs.
Twemes: HHS: http://twemes.com/HHS (requires reload)
Twitter Search: HHS: http://search.twitter.com/search?q=%23HHS (will auto-update)
For more information, please check here:
- Wondrous music at today’s Mass ustream.tv/channel/when-n… #stfrancisA2 (@ St Francis of Assisi Catholic Church in Ann… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 hours ago
- RT @SobiaNaz77: @choo_ek vice.com/en_us/article/… 2 hours ago
- RT @ZackBergerMDPhD: Call the Office of Refugee Resettlement at 202.401.9246. Ask how many children EXACTLY are unaccounted for IN TOTAL.… 2 hours ago
- RT @hjelle_brian: @girlsreallyrule Called the tipline to report the terrorism behind ICE.losing 1500 children. They blamed it on ORR but I… 2 hours ago
- RT @girlsreallyrule: For those of you emailing ICE, the UN, the WH or Congress: you always want to call or show up in person (fax is great… 2 hours ago