Main topics covered were spatial tracking, 3d virtual reality, optical motion capture, holography, optical tracking, acoustic motion tracking. During the Q&A, a major diversion (at least for me) was “Sim-sickness”, in which 3d immersive virtual reality (think of Oculus Rift & Google Cardboard) make folk nauseous, some to the point of actually tossing their cookies. There are videos in Youtube. I don’t need to find them for you. Fun topics mentioned included virtual augmented reality, Hololens, holography for teaching anatomy, biomechanics, cultural preservation, robotics, aerospace engineering, body slicing with the Kinect, body tracking, and DIY arduino acoustic sensors and automated echolocation. There were lots of tips and tricks, what works and what doesn’t. Many interesting links in the Storify below.
- All this rain between me and the door (@ Zingerman's Coffee Company in Ann Arbor, MI) swarmapp.com/c/4iAdXJOwPkG https://t.co/lNKw1KE13Y 2 hours ago
- Fun! (@ The Bead Gallery in Ann Arbor, MI) swarmapp.com/c/iItQHQhIt62 https://t.co/5WvGtau2Ob 3 hours ago
- Everything from bird houses to greens! (@ Ann Arbor Farmers' Market in Ann Arbor, MI) swarmapp.com/c/firWIKP8LX7 https://t.co/tSHDKCHbLB 3 hours ago
- Bustling business (at @MonahansSeafood Market in Ann Arbor, MI) swarmapp.com/c/3Nk0DXhW2FJ https://t.co/xJfxiquWhw 4 hours ago
- Beautiful food (@ Cafe Verde ~ @PeoplesFoodCoop ~ PFC Bakery in Ann Arbor, MI) swarmapp.com/c/izJ2bYWQ2cw https://t.co/6gBaALMFR7 4 hours ago